Our fee arrangements are flexible.
When we start working for you we will provide you with information about the fees that we will charge and discuss those fees and payment options We will make the arrangements that best suit both of us.
We will discuss with you:
- What needs to be done?
- What do you want us to do for you?
- Who will do it?
- Are there some things you can do yourself?
- Who is the best person in our office who can do the work for you, considering expertise, efficiency, time and cost, and your preference.
- When will it be done?
- Do you have any special requirements that have to be met (including urgency)
- How much will it cost?
- We will do our best to tell you how much the cost will be.
- It’s often hard to tell at the start what will be needed but we will keep you informed.
- We will be open to discussing fee arrangements with you.
- If we give you a fee estimate we will do our best to keep within that estimate.
- Would you prefer a fixed fee arrangement? Fixed fees may be appropriate for:
- Land sales and purchases (farm, commercial and residential)
- Financing (mortgages and security instruments, refinancing)
- Business sales and purchases
- Estate Administration
- Powers of Attorney (including Enduring Powers of Attorney) and Deeds of Delegation
- Traffic (Limited Licences)
- Criminal Trials
- Debt collection
- Trusts (Family Trust packages, Gifting, Trust adminstration)
- Family (preparation of Relationship Property Agreements)
- When will you have to pay? Depending on the nature of the work you may have the option of paying:
- On completion
- Up front
- Periodically – monthly, fortnightly or weekly
- On the happening of triggering events or stages
- On time payment (conditions may apply including payment of interest)