We all need protection of assets from the following risks:
- Protection from claims of creditors
- Protection for marriage partners and for children if marriages break down
- Protection in retirement and old age
- Preservation of core family assets for current and future generations and from disputed will claims
- Protection from the unwise decisions of future generations and from matrimonial property attacks from the spouses of future generations
- Protection from the risk of business failure
We should also plan our affairs so we don’t pay more tax than is necessary. We also need to minimise the risk of exposure to the introduction of capital gains tax, capital transfer tax or wealth tax.
We can help you plan for these eventualities. Our asset protection team can advise you about wills and trusts and prepare and manage them for you.
Please click here to find out more information about Family Trusts with WRMK.
In need of wise advice based on experience?
Our Trusts Team
- Neil McNab Director Trusts Team Leader | BA, LLB Neil is a Managing Director of the firm. His specialty interests and expertise lies in trusts and related areas. Contact
- Megan Bawden Director Life Planning Team Leader | LLB(Hons), RCpN Megan leads our life planning team. She has particular interest in medico-legal matters and “‘elder law” issues. Contact
- Vanessa Crosby Consultant LLB Vanessa completed her secondary schooling in Whangarei and graduated from Otago University in 1992. Contact
- Rebecca Merry Director Rural Team Leader | LLB, BA Rebecca leads our rural law team and is also active in our trust team. Contact
- Tania Beckham Director LLB Tania has a strong general commercial practice, with particular expertise in trusts and asset planning. Contact
- Patrick Steuart Director Warkworth Team Leader | LLB Patrick leads our Warkworth team, and is known as a trusted advisor to his clients. Contact
- Barbara Beck Consultant BA, JD Barbara has a strong business practice including particular interest in intellectual property. Contact
- Andrew Easterbrook Associate LLB, BA Andrew is a senior lawyer who can provide advice about relationship property, information and technology, privacy law, and online bullying cases. Contact
- Heidi Mackey Senior Lawyer LLB Heidi is an experienced lawyer specialising in trusts and life planning. Contact
- Chloe Davenport Lawyer LLB, BA Chloe has a broad background in the law and is a Kerikeri local. As a member of our trusts, life planning and property teams, she helps clients with a wide variety of matters. Contact
- Julia Ingham (Lockwood) Senior Lawyer LLB Julia helps clients from Warkworth to Mangawhai on a wide range of matters including property, trusts and commercial law. Contact
- Vicki Saunders Legal Executive Vicki is based in our Warkworth office, where she assists the team in a variety of legal executive roles. Contact
Check out our lastest Trusts service blog posts
Questions? Comments? Please feel free to get in touch & let us impress you with what we have to offer