We all need protection of assets from the following risks:
- Protection from claims of creditors
- Protection for marriage partners and for children if marriages break down
- Protection in retirement and old age
- Preservation of core family assets for current and future generations and from disputed will claims
- Protection from the unwise decisions of future generations and from matrimonial property attacks from the spouses of future generations
- Protection from the risk of business failure
We should also plan our affairs so we don’t pay more tax than is necessary. We also need to minimise the risk of exposure to the introduction of capital gains tax, capital transfer tax or wealth tax.
We can help you plan for these eventualities. Our asset protection team can advise you about wills and trusts and prepare and manage them for you.
In need of wise advice based on experience?
Our Trusts Team
- Neil McNab Director BA, LLB | Team Leader Born and raised in South Otago, Neil graduated from the University of Otago in Dunedin in 1975. Contact
- Megan Bawden Director RCpN, LLB(Hons) | Life Planning Team Leader Megan graduated with a LLB(Hons) in 2006 from the University of Auckland as a Senior Scholar in Law. Contact
- Vanessa Crosby Consultant LLB Vanessa completed her secondary schooling in Whangarei and graduated from Otago University in 1992. Contact
- Rebecca Merry Director BA, LLB | Rural Team Leader Rebecca Merry is a rural and asset planning lawyer. Contact
- Barbara Beck Consultant BA, JD | Business Team Leader Barbara has a strong commercial practice. Contact
- Tania Beckham Associate LLB Tania joined our firm in 2002 after graduating from Auckland University. Contact
- Andrew Neill Senior Lawyer LLB, B.Com Andrew is a property, commercial and asset planning lawyer. Contact
- Chloe Davenport Lawyer LLB, BA Chloe has a broad background in the law and her areas of practice include Property, Trusts, Wills, EPOA and Family Law. Chloe is very pleased to have joined WRMK and will be based in Kerikeri. Contact
Check out our lastest Trusts service blog posts
Questions? Comments? Please feel free to get in touch & let us impress you with what we have to offer